Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Protecting Yourself

Spiritual wards and protection are often treated as a sort of mystery on the web. People will ask, "how do I protect myself?" and are generally met with silence or weak answers. However, creating a general protective ward can go from quite simple to very complex. For the sake of this blog I'll discuss simple wards you can create with very little effort and cost to you.

Psalm 91

The Book of Psalms is a well known work for those in the world of conjure and Afro-Caribbean traditions. Each psalm is a sort of spell or command to divinities and are often used in supplement to spiritual work that people undertake. Psalms can do anything from reconcile love, return evil to it's source, and even protect you from very specific situations.

For the sake of general spiritual protection we will look at psalm 91, as it is considered a ward against demonic influences and witchcraft. I've included the psalm below:

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”

Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.
I'm sure that reading this psalm it is apparent that this psalm should protect from a variety of misfortunes and calamities that may befall you. So, how do we employ this psalm to create an appropriate ward?

First you will need a clean unused piece of paper, a pen, and some holy water or kabbalah oil.  First anoint yourself, then write the psalm out in it's entirety on the paper. anoint the paper with the holy water/kabbalah oil. If you wish you can light a candle and recite the psalm. After the candle burns out fold up the paper and carry it in your pocket or bra. At night sleep with the psalm on your nightstand next to your water, and be sure to recite the psalm before you go to sleep.

Saint Medallions 

For those that are not on a budget, getting a saint medal can be a quick and easy route for protection. What's convenient is that the saints have very specific powers and you can easily sort out what you need. 

Everybody knows Saint Michael the Archangel is powerful against the demonic and witchcraft. Saint George should be worn by security guards and police officers. Saint Brendan and Saint  Nicholas should be carried by sailors and those who work near or around the water. Nurses can wear Saint Agatha of Sicily. There is a patron for almost every vocation.

Saint Christopher is helpful in automobiles especially if you have a long traffic commute. In fact, about 15 years ago I was in a serious car accident. My care was completely totaled, yet I was unharmed. When I looked down the Saint Christopher medal my grandmother had given me was sitting in my lap.

It is best if you can have your medallion blessed by a priest, most will do this with no questions asked, but you can always dedicate the medallion to them with a novena.

Buying Ward or Guard

Finally, there are top tier wards for those whose spirituality may require a higher level of protection. These are made by priests of most African tradition religions and made specifically for the spirituality of the client. They are often loaded with spiritual medicines to strengthen the client and keep the spirit near them. These types of wards or guards can be cost prohibitive to some, but for those that can afford them they find them invaluable. 

However, we all must start somewhere and if you are on a budget, the psalms can be quite useful. As you advance you may and should upgrade your protection so that you are less likely to face calamity or unexpected woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment