Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Contacting Your Guardian Angel

An interesting conversation was started in the Facebook group: Ancestors, Saints, Tarot, and Conjure, on the topic of Guardian Angels. I felt that warranted a clear post as to the nature of these beings and how to contact them. 

Alongside your ancestors there are spiritual guides and guardian that exist to help you along in your journey. Some of these beings can be saints or heroes that were at some point revered by your ancestors. The Guardian Angel, however, is a being that was assigned to your soul at birth, to be your guide and guard throughout the whole of your life. 

Understanding the importance of such a being in your life would probably motivate you to get in touch with that being, wouldn't it? 

How To Contact The Guardian Angel

The Guardian Angel is one of the easiest spirits to contact, as daily prayer alone will oftentimes bring that being to you. However, there is a methodology to make your prayer more focused, and allow you to align yourself spiritually with the Guardian Angel. 

The first thing you want to adopt is a daily regime of prayer. If possible your prayer time should be spaced twelve hours apart, so if you pray at 7am your second prayer session should be at approximately at 7pm. However, if your lifestyle doesn't allow for that, at pray when you wake up and before sleep. The more consistent you are the faster your results should manifest for you.

What Prayers To Pray

There is a formula for prayer that greatly improves the way you connect with spirits. Especially in the beginning or when you are new to contacting spirits. Having a proper method ensures that you will be able to open the gates to allow the spirits to come through and commune with you.

The best formula to follow to help you break through in the beginning is a recitation of the rosary. Why the rosary? The rosary itself is a repetition of Marian prayers as well as a meditation on certain mysteries. The power of Mary is not something to be taken lightly, and here she is being called upon in her title of Gates of Heaven. As a great gatekeeper she can open doors for you to get into contact with not only your Guardian Angel but other saints as well.

For those that may find that to be overwhelming, I'm including the open prayers of the rosary to begin your devotions to your angel.

First, cross yourself with the sign of the cross in the method that is most suitable to your practice.

Second, recite the Apostles Creed:

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

Third, recite the Our Father:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass
against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Fourth, recite the Hail Mary three time:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you;
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Finally recite the Doxology:

Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit;
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.


The opening prayers complete you are ready to invoke your Guardian Angel.

Prayers For The Guardian Angel

This relationship becomes a highly personal relationship. There is no one prayer by which to summon your Guardian Angel. Instead I am providing a selection of prayers to help you connect with your Guardian Angel.
O Holy Angel,
attendant of my wretched soul
and of mine afflicted life,
forsake me not, a sinner,
neither depart from me for mine inconstancy.
Give no place to the evil demon to subdue me
with the oppression of this mortal body;
but take me by my wretched and outstretched hand,
and lead me in the way of salvation.
Yea, O holy Angel of God,
the guardian and protector
of my hapless soul and body,
forgive me all things
whatsoever wherewith I have troubled thee,
all the days of my life,
and if I have sinned in anything this day.
Shelter me in this present night,
and keep me from every affront of the enemy,
lest I anger God by any sin;
and intercede with the Lord in my behalf,
that He might strengthen me in the fear of Him,
and make me a worthy servant of His goodness.

Amen.

O Angel of God, my blessed protector, to whose care I have been committed by my Creator from the moment of my birth, unite with me in thanking the Almighty for having given me a friend, and instructor, an advocate, and a guardian in thee. Accept, O most charitable guide, my fervent thanksgiving for all thou hast done for me; particularly for the charity with which thou didst undertake to accompany me through life; for the joy with which thou wert filled when I was purified in the waters of Baptism; and for thy anxious solicitude in watching over the treasure of my innocence.

Amen.

O most Faithful companion,
appointed by God to be my guide and protector,
and who art ever at my side,
what thanks can I offer thee for thy faithfulness and
love,
and for all the benefits
which thou hast conferred upon me?
Thou watchest over me in sleep;
thou consolest me when I am sad;
thou liftest me up when I fall;
thou avertest the dangers that threaten me;
thou preparest me for the future;
thou withdrawest me from evil
and excitest me to good;
thou exhortest me to penance when I yield to temptation;
and reconcilest me to my offended God.
Long since should I have been cast into hell,
unless by thy prayers thou hadst averted from me the anger
of God.
Leave me not, then, I entreat thee;
but still comfort me in adversity,
restrain me in prosperity,
defend me in danger,
assist me in temptations,
lest at any time I fall a victim to them.
Offer to God my prayers and groanings,
and all my religious exercises,
and obtain for me the great gift of final perseverance,
and the grace to die in the friendship of my Creator,
and so to enter into life everlasting.

Amen.

Concluding Your Prayers

When you complete your prayers, quietly meditate on the serenity and peace within yourself. Try to hear the quiet voice of the Guardian Angel when it speaks to you. This companion is always with and is extremely patient. This invisible assistant waits for you to asks for help and is not afraid to help in your need. 

Be sure to give thanks to the Guardian Angel for hearing your prayers, and ask the spirit to come and speak to you in your dreams. Daily practice is the means by which you will strengthen this bond and grow in your mediumship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment